As they say in England, things are hotting up here:
- Jaime is about 1/4 of the way through the Book One manuscript. To recap, she wants to read it once through as a story and then I’ll work on Draft Three and fix typos and other issues. The story will expand and contract where appropriate.
- I just finished chapter three of Book Two. Unlike Book One, I don’t have a working title for this one yet. I figure it will reveal itself as I make progress.
- Book Two has required a fair amount of research, lately. I really don’t want to pull people out of the story by way of ill-informed fiction. But I don’t want to enumerate the parts of a carriage, either. Being informed of the topic is my strategy for giving a touch of realism without getting too bogged down in specifics.
- It feels good to get back in touch with the characters, and advance the plot. If nothing else, some of the Book Two material could get assimilated by Book One, depending on what makes sense when I get back to editing that manuscript.
- This is Classic Me, by the way. I went from “can’t write a book” to “I’m working on two at once.” Typical.
- No, I have zero interest in NaNoWriMo. Just saying, preemptively.
- Barring the unforeseen, this is shaping up to be a trilogy, because what other way is there to produce fiction? I really don’t want to beat it into the ground like Dune and its many sequels.
Anyway, back to it. Here’s hoping this pans out!